Glycosciences.de - glycoinformatics databases and tools
The Glycosciences.de web portal provides databases and tools to support glycobiology and glycomics research. Its main focus is on 3D structures, including 3D structure models as well as references to PDB entries that feature carbohydrates. These PDB references enable a targeted search for PDB structures with specific glycans. Such a search cannot be performed easily at the PDB itself.
NMR spectra, notation related tools, and further resources are also available.
02. Jun 2019: Glycobiology publications covered from 2015 until nowMore than 250 references to papers from the journal Glycobiology have been added to Glycosciences.DB to increase coverage of recent literature. All Glycobiology publications from the current issue (Jun 2019) back to Jan 2015 that could be assigned to individual glycan structure entries have been added to the respective entries in Glycosciences.DB. Many new glycan structure entries have been created in Glycosciences.DB during this effort.
We plan to continue adding new issues of Glycobioloy as well as references from other journals to keep the database up to date.
- Glycan entries: 26567
- NMR spectra: 3434 [2323 1H, 1111 13C]
- Literature references: 21689 distinct glycan structures in 20250 publications
- PDB references: 1888 distinct glycan structures in 12270 PDB entries
- 3D structure models: 13604
- Conformational maps: 2585
Please use the following reference for citing Glycosciences.DB:Böhm M, Bohne-Lang A, Frank M, Loss A, Rojas-Macias MA, Lütteke T
Glycosciences.DB: an annotated data collection linking glycomics and proteomics data (2018 update)
Nucleic Acids Res. 2019, 47(D1):D1195-D1201, doi: 10.1093/nar/gky994